Learn to make easy method of badam pista barfi recipe with step by step.
badam pista barfi is a delicious sweet made with almonds and pista. Almond burfi can be served in parties as a sweetmeat or you can have it any time you feel like eating some sweet, take it with you for picnic or when you are travelling.
- khoya - 100 grams
- badam - 60 gms
- unsalted pista - 60 grams
- sugar - 60 grams
- cardamom - 3
- ghee for greasing a tray - ¼ tsp
- sliced or chopped almonds and pistachios for garnish - 1 to 2 tbsp
1) first heat a pan on a low flame and dry roast the almonds and pistachios lightly for about 3 minutes. make sure they don't get browned. then meanwhile, grease a tray or plate with ¼ tsp ghee.
2) Then once the almonds and pistachios cool down, and take them in a grinder jar. and also add seeds from 3 green cardamom pods. Now grind to a powdery texture. don't grind too much as then oil would release from the nuts.
3) now in the same pan, directly grate the khoya and also add sugar. Then keep the pan on a low flame. Now keep on stirring the mixture continuously.
4) Now both the khoya and sugar would begin to melt. Then the consistency of mixture would become slightly thin. But here we don't need to cook the khoya more as the powdered almonds and pistachios help in binding the barfi. That so as soon you see the mixture bubbling and slightly thickening, Then remove the pan from fire. But don't over cook as then the barfi will become chewy.
5) Now remove the pan from fire. Then add the powdered almonds, pistachios and cardamom mixture. Then mix quickly but very well.
6) Now pour the barfi mixture on the greased tray and spread it to a layer of ½ inch thickness from all sides. level the top with the spatula.
7) Now sprinkle some finely chopped or powdered almonds and pistachios all over the barfi and with your fingers lightly press them on the barfi. Then once cooled at room temperature, slice the barfi.
8) Now serve badam pista barfi straight away or store in an air tight box. But these stay well for 3 to 4 days in a cold climate. you can keep in the fridge.
Latest posts by Nikunj Vasoya (see all)
- Poha Recipe In Hindi | How To Make Simple Poha | Bataka Poha - December 27, 2017
- Dahi Bhindi Dhabha Style Recipe | Dahi Bhindi Masala by All India Recipe - October 6, 2017
- Pav Bhaji Recipe | How to Make Pav bhaji By All India Recipe - September 26, 2017