Learn to make tasty and differnt dish coconut milk pulao recipe at home.
Tasty and Differnt dish coconut milk pulao recipe.
- Basmati rice - 1 cup , 200 grams
- thinly sliced onions - 1 cup
- inch ginge - ½
- garlic - 3
- green chili - 1
- crushed to a paste in mortar-pestle
- green peas, - ½ cup
- chopped french beans - 1/2 cup
- curry leaves - curry leaves
- cloves - 3 to 4
- green cardamoms - 3 to 4
- inch cinnamon - 1
- single strand of mace - 1
- cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- thick coconut milk, - ¾ cup
- water - 1.25 cups
- oil - 2 tbsp
- few chopped coriander leaves
- salt - as required
1) First rinse basmati rice very well in water till the water runs clear of the starch. Then soak the rice in enough water for 20 minutes. and after 20 minutes, drain the rice and keep aside.
2) when the rice is soaking, then prep up the veggies by chopping them. and slice the onions thinly. then also crush ½ inch ginger, 3 garlic, 1 green chili in a mortar-pestle.
* preparing coconut pulao:
3) First heat 2 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker and add the whole spices 4 cloves, 4 green cardamoms, 1 inch cinnamon, 1 single strand of mace and ½ tsp cumin seeds. then saute the spices till they splutter and become fragrant.
4) Then add 1 cup thinly sliced onions and 5 to 6 curry leaves. and stir very well.
5) Then saute till the onions turn light golden. then add the crushed ginger, garlic, green chilies paste. then stir and saute till the raw aroma of ginger and garlic goes away.
6) now add 10 to 12 cashews, which have been chopped. and stir again. now add the mixed veggies.
7) Then stir and saute the veggies for a minute. now add the rice grains. then gently mix and stir the rice grains with the rest of the ingredients. now pour ¾ cup thick coconut milk.
8) Then add 1 to 1.25 cups water. stir well. then season with salt. now taste the stock and it should feel slightly salty. then cover and pressure cook for 2 whistles
9) when the pressure settles down naturally, open the lid and gently fluff the pulao. Now garnish with some chopped coriander and mint leaves. Then serve coconut milk pulao with a side dish of raita.
Latest posts by Nikunj Vasoya (see all)
- Poha Recipe In Hindi | How To Make Simple Poha | Bataka Poha - December 27, 2017
- Dahi Bhindi Dhabha Style Recipe | Dahi Bhindi Masala by All India Recipe - October 6, 2017
- Pav Bhaji Recipe | How to Make Pav bhaji By All India Recipe - September 26, 2017