Learn to make South indian dish with easy method of step by step Potato fry recipe at home.
South indian dish make at home of potato fry recipe.
- * Ingredients:
- Potatoes - 3, large peel, dice and place in salted water for 15 minutes
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Green chilis - 3, slit length wise
- Pappula podi - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- * Tempering:
- Oil - 1 1/2 tbsps
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
1) First heat oil in a heay bottomed vessel, Then once hot add the mustard seeds and allow to splutter. Now immediately add asafoetida, green chilis and curry leaves and saute for few seconds.
2) Then add the diced potatoes and cook on high flame for 4 to 5 minutes, tossing the cubed potatoes frequently. Then reduce flame, add turmeric powder and mix and place lid and cook on low flame for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, Then remove lid, and add salt to taste and mix well.
3) Then place lid and continue to cook on low flame till the potatoes soften for another 5 minutes. Then add pappula podi or sambar podi at this stage. Now continue to cook the potatoes without lid till the potatoes turn slightly crisp with a light brown shade.
4) Now turn off flame and remove to a serving bowl. Then serve with rice, rasam and papad.
Latest posts by Nikunj Vasoya (see all)
- Poha Recipe In Hindi | How To Make Simple Poha | Bataka Poha - December 27, 2017
- Dahi Bhindi Dhabha Style Recipe | Dahi Bhindi Masala by All India Recipe - October 6, 2017
- Pav Bhaji Recipe | How to Make Pav bhaji By All India Recipe - September 26, 2017