Learn to make paneer labadar recipe at your home
learn step by step method of paneer labadar.
- Ripe red tomatoes, - 250 grams
- Cashews - 12
- inch ginger - ½
- garlic - 2 to 3
- water - ½ cup
- green cardamom - 1
- cloves - 2
- * Remaining ingredients:
- paneer - 200 grams
- grated paneer - 2 tbsp
- chopped onions - 100 grams
- tej patta - 1
- green chilies, slit - 2
- cumin powder - ½ tsp
- coriander powder - ½ tsp
- red chili powder - ½ tsp
- garam masala powder - ¼ tsp
- low fat cream, - ¼ cup
- kasuri methi - 1 tsp
- butter - 1 tsp
- sugar - ½ tsp
- water - 1.25 cups
- salt - as required
- for garnish:
- chopped coriander leaves - 1 tbsp
- inch ginger, julienne - ½
1) First take 1.5 cups chopped tomatoes, 12 cashews, ½ inch chopped ginger, 2 to 3 garlic chopped, 1 green cardamom, 2 cloves and ½ cup water in a small pan. use tomatoes which are not too tangy.
2) Now switch on flame and simmer this mixture on a low flame. Then cook till the tomatoes are softened. and if the water dries up and the tomatoes are not softened, then add about 3 tbsp water and continue to cook.
3) Then allow this mixture to become warm or cool completely and add to a grinder or blender jar.
4) Now grind to a smooth paste without any cahsews or tomato chunks or pieces. you may add some water if required while grinding. keep this ground tomato-cashew-spices paste aside.
preparing paneer lababdar gravy:
5) Now heat 2 tbsp butter in pan. Then add 1 tej patta and saute for a couple of seconds.
6) Now add ½ cup finely chopped onions. and stir well.
7) then continue to saute as well as stir and cook till the onions become light golden.
8) then add the tomato-cashew-spices paste. and the mixture will splutter if there is water in it, so be careful. and stir very well.
9) then add ½ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp coriander powder and ½ tsp red chili powder.
10) after stir and saute this masala. and you will see the masala clumping and gathering around itself.
11) then saute till you see fat leaving the sides of the masala paste.
12) then add 1 cup water. and stir very well.
13) and add 2 slit green chilies.
14) now stir and allow the gravy to come to a simmer. then season with salt and sugar.
15) and add 200 grams paneer which have been cubed. then also add 2 tbsp grated paneer.
16) and stir and simmer the gravy for about a minute.
17) then sprinkle 1 tsp kasuri methi which has been crushed along with ¼ tsp garam masala. and stir very well again and simmer for a minute
18) now last add 2 tbsp low fat cream. switch off the flame & stir very well. you can also add 1 tbsp butter at this step. this is optional.
19) now garnish paneer lababdar with chopped coriander leaves and ginger julienne. serve with chapatis, tandoori rotis or naan. paneer lababdar also goes well with jeera rice or veg pulao.
Latest posts by Nikunj Vasoya (see all)
- Poha Recipe In Hindi | How To Make Simple Poha | Bataka Poha - December 27, 2017
- Dahi Bhindi Dhabha Style Recipe | Dahi Bhindi Masala by All India Recipe - October 6, 2017
- Pav Bhaji Recipe | How to Make Pav bhaji By All India Recipe - September 26, 2017