Medu Vada Recipe - A Popular South Indian Breakfast
Medu Vada Recipe is a popular breakfast in South India. Learn to make this recipe at home by following this method.
- urad dal (split black lentils) - 1 cup
- roughly chopped green chillies - 1 tbsp
- (kalimirch) - 3 to 4 peppercorns
- leaves (kadi patta) - 8 to 10 curry l
- ginger (adrak) - 1 tsp chopped
- salt - to taste
- oil - deep-frying
- For Serving
- coconut chutney
Step1: First of all, clean, wash and soak the urad dal in enough water for at least two hours.
Step2: After this drain, add the pepper, green chillies, curry leaves and ginger and blend in a mixer to a smooth batter, adding some water.
Step3: Now add the salt and mix well and divide the mixture into eight equal portions. Keep aside.
Step4: Now you have to wet your hand. It is time to take a portion of the mixture in your hand.
Step5: Now make a hole in the centre with your thumb. After this heat oil in a kadhai, after this upturn your hand & drop the wada in oil.
Step6: After this deep fry the wada until both sides turn golden brown in colour.
Step7: Now repeat with the remaining batter to make seven more medu wadas.
Step8: Now drain on absorbent paper. Finally, serve hot with fried coconut chutney and sambhar.
Latest posts by Nikunj Vasoya (see all)
- Poha Recipe In Hindi | How To Make Simple Poha | Bataka Poha - December 27, 2017
- Dahi Bhindi Dhabha Style Recipe | Dahi Bhindi Masala by All India Recipe - October 6, 2017
- Pav Bhaji Recipe | How to Make Pav bhaji By All India Recipe - September 26, 2017