learn to make softy and tasty aloo kulcha recipe
Dhaba's special recipe aloo kulcha recipe make at your home.
- * for the kulcha:
- whole wheat flour - 1 cup
- all purpose flour - 1 cup
- oil - 3 tsp
- curd - 2 tbsp
- sugar - 1 tsp
- salt - ¾ to 1 tsp
- water for kneading - ½ cup
- oil for roasting as required - some sesame seeds
- * for aloo stuffing:
- potatoes - 3 large
- chilies finely chopped - 2 green
- red chili powder - ½ tsp
- dry mango powder - ½ tsp
- garam masala powder - ¼ to ½ tsp
- chopped coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
Method for the kulcha dough:
1) First in a mixing bowl take 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1 cup all purpose flour, ¼ tsp baking soda, 1 tsp sugar, salt or as required. Then add 2 tbsp curd and 3 tsp oil.
2) Now with your hands lightly mix everything. Then add water.
3) Now mix and then begin to knead. Check knead to a smooth and soft dough. Then cover the dough and keep aside for 2 hours.
* The potato stuffing:
4) Now meanwhile, boil 4 to 5 potatoes till they are cooked through completely.
5) Then peel and mash the potatoes with a potato masher.
6) Now add the chopped green chilies, ½ tsp red chili powder, ½ tsp dry mango powder, ¼ to ½ tsp garam masala powder and 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves. Then substitutes for dry mango powder are dry pomegranate seeds powder and lime juice. and lime juice can be added as per your taste. Now there should be just a light sour taste.
7) Now mix the spices and herbs with the mashed potatoes very well. Then check the taste and add more of the salt, green chilies, dry mango powder if required.
* assembling and preparing aloo kulchas:
8) after 30 minutes lightly knead the dough again. and make medium sized balls from the kulcha dough. and sprinkle whole wheat flour on the rolling board and on the dough ball. now with a rolling pin, then roll it into a diameter of 5 to 6 inches diameter.
9) Then place the potato stuffing in the center keep 1 inch space all over the circumference. then bring the edges together and join them at the center. then press the joined edges top and sprinkle some sesame seeds. now press the sesame seeds with your fingers or very lightly with the rolling pin so that they get stuck to the dough.
10) Now sprinkle some flour. now gently roll to a large disc of about 8 inches in diameter. then on a hot tava and gently place the stuffed kulcha. now flip over when one side is partly cooked. now spread some oil on this side. Now the amount of oil to be added, depends upon you.
11) Then flip again and now spread some oil on this side. and press the edges with a spatula to ensure that they are cooked. Now flip once to ensure even roasting and cooking. now place the kulcha in a roti basket.
12) Now add ½ to 1 tsp of butter and spread it with a butter knife prepare all the kulchas with the above method and stack them up. after making each kulcha, wipe the tawa with a cotton kitchen towel to get rid of the browned.
13) Then you can also serve kulchas straightaway from the tawa to the plate. now serve these aloo kulchas hot with butter, curd or mango pickle.
Latest posts by Nikunj Vasoya (see all)
- Poha Recipe In Hindi | How To Make Simple Poha | Bataka Poha - December 27, 2017
- Dahi Bhindi Dhabha Style Recipe | Dahi Bhindi Masala by All India Recipe - October 6, 2017
- Pav Bhaji Recipe | How to Make Pav bhaji By All India Recipe - September 26, 2017