Lauki Chana Dal Sabzi Recipe - An Easy & Quick Recipe
Lauki Chana Dal Sabzi Recipe - Learn to make this quick and easy recipe at home by following this method.
- Split Bengal gram (chana dal) boiled - 2 cups
- Bottle gourd (lauki/doodhi) - 1 inch
- kilogram - cubes 1/2
- Garlic grated - 4-5 cloves
- Ginger grated - 1 inch piece
- Onion finely chopped - 1 large
- Green chilli seeded - sliced1
- Salt - to taste
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Ghee - 2-3 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Tomatoes finely chopped - 2
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Fresh coriander - a few sprigs
Step1: First of all place gram, garlic, ginger, onion, green chilli, gourd, salt and turmeric powder in a pressure cooker.
Step2: Now add two to three cups water, cover and pressure cook for seven to eight whistles.
Step3: After this remove from heat and let it stand, uncovered. For making, tempering, heat ghee in a non-stick pan
Step4: It is time to add cumin seeds, asafoetida and let the seeds crackle.
Step5: Now we have to add tomatoes and cook until they are pulpy. Add red chilli powder, switch off heat and mix well.
Step6: When the pressure reduces, remove lid of pressure cooker and mash gram mixture.
Step7: After this we have to transfer cooked gram in a serving dish and pour tempering on top.
Step8: Finally, serve hot garnished with coriander sprigs.
Latest posts by Nikunj Vasoya (see all)
- Poha Recipe In Hindi | How To Make Simple Poha | Bataka Poha - December 27, 2017
- Dahi Bhindi Dhabha Style Recipe | Dahi Bhindi Masala by All India Recipe - October 6, 2017
- Pav Bhaji Recipe | How to Make Pav bhaji By All India Recipe - September 26, 2017