Learn to make easy and quickly kerala biryani recipe at home to step by step.
Exclusive recipe of kerala biryani make at your home in weekend.
- * for the rice:
- rice soaked - 2 cups
- water - 4 cups
- chopped cashews - ½ cup
- sprig curry leaves - 2
- sprig curry leaves - ¼ cup
- thinly sliced onions - ½ cup
- oil - 4 to 5 tbsp
- a pinch of saffron dissolved in water - 11 tsp
- salt - as required
- * for the vegetable gravy:
- chopped veggies - like aubergines, potato, carrots and peas - 2 cups
- thinly sliced onions - 11 cup
- inch cinnamon stick - 2
- cloves - 7-8
- green cardamoms - 4-5
- coconut milk - 2 cups
- ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- green chilies, chopped - 2
- water - ½ cup
- coriander powder - 1 tsp
- fennel powder - 1 tsp
- black pepper powder - ½ tsp
- red chilli powder - ¼ or ½ tsp
- turmeric powder - ¼ or ½ tsp
- lemon juice - ½ or 1 tbsp
- chopped mint and coriander leaves - ½ cup
- salt - as required
1) first soak the rice for 30 minutes and then cook till its 3/4th done. Then heat oil and add ½ cup sliced onions that fry till the onions become transparent. then add the cashews, raisins and curry leaves.
2) Now fry till the whole mixture turns golden. but don't burn. Now remove and add the fried onions, cashews, raisins and curry leaves to the cooked rice. After in another pan, add this leftover oil. And add more oil if required. And heat it. now add the whole spices cinnamon, cloves and green cardamom.
3) Now fry till the oil becomes fragrant. and add the onions. then fry till light golden. Now add the ginger-garlic paste and green chilies. and fry for a minute. Then add the vegetables. And saute for a minute.
4) Then add the coconut milk. and stir then add water along with lemon juice and stir well. Then add water and now cover the pan and let the veggies cook. After the curry would reduce a bit.
5) Now once the vegetables are cooked we can start layering the grease a oven proof bowl with oil. Then layer the vegetable gravy first. after layer the rice and spread the chopped mint & coriander leaves on top.
6) Now sprinkle the saffron water with some oil. Then spread another layer of the veg gravy. now spread the fourth layer of rice. and sprinkle the chopped mint & coriander leaves and saffron water.
7) Now dot with some oil again.Then cover with an aluminium foil.and bake in a preheated oven for 200 degrees C at 30 mins. And you can also cook the layered biryani in a tightly covered pan on stove top for 30 minutes. Then serve kerala veg biryani hot or warm with raita or kuchumber
Latest posts by Nikunj Vasoya (see all)
- Poha Recipe In Hindi | How To Make Simple Poha | Bataka Poha - December 27, 2017
- Dahi Bhindi Dhabha Style Recipe | Dahi Bhindi Masala by All India Recipe - October 6, 2017
- Pav Bhaji Recipe | How to Make Pav bhaji By All India Recipe - September 26, 2017