Learn to make indian sweet dessart recipe Rabdi at home.
Indian Dessart Recipe at home with step by step method.
- full fat whole milk - 5 cups
- Sugar - 2.5 to 3 tbsp
- Crushed - 5 to 6 cardamoms
- Saffron strands, crushed - 12 to 15
- Rose water - 1 tsp
- Almonds and 2 tbsp pistachios, blanched & sliced - 2 tbsp
1) first take 5 cups of full fat whole milk in a thick bottomed kadai and begun to heat the milk on a low to medium flame, till the milk starts to froth a layer of cream on top. so when you will see the cream floating on top, then with a spatula, gently move the cream layer.
2) Now bring it towards the side of the pan and stick it to the pan. then keep on simmering the milk like this and collecting the cream layer on the sides. Now meanwhile soak almonds and pistachios in hot water for 30 minutes. then remove their peels.
3) Now slice them and keep aside. Then do keep a check on the simmering milk when soaking as well as slicing the almonds, pistachios.
4) Now this process of collecting the cream layer has to be done many times. continuous simmering of the milk will bring the cream on top and you have to bring & stick it to the sides. Now in between also stir the milk gently on occasions, so that the milk does not get burnt from the bottom.o if you do too much of stirring and if quickly, then you won't get the layers of cream in the rabri. you can also just thicken and scrape the milk solids from the sides like i have done for shahi tukda rabdi. but in this case you won't get the layers of cream in the rabri.
5) Now once the milk reduces to half, then add 2.5 to 3 tbsp sugar. then add a 12 to 15 strands of crushed saffron and ½ tsp cardamom powder. Then stir gently.
6) Then continue collecting the cream and bringing it to the sides of the pan then also do stir the milk gently after you bring the cream towards the sides of the pan. if you don't stir the milk then there is a possibility of the milk getting browned or burnt from the bottom.
7) after adding saffron, the color will change gradually to a yellow color as the milk keeps on reducing. when the milk gets reduced to ? or ¼ of its original quantity, then switch off the flame. it took about 1 hour 15 minutes on a low flame initially and medium flame towards the latter stage.
8) After the cream layer will be collected on the sides. scrape off the entire cream layer as well as dried milk solids and add to in the thickened milk.Then stir gently. then add the sliced almonds & pistachios and 1 tsp rose water or kewra water. stir gently again. Now garnish with some sliced almonds and serve rabri hot or warm or chilled.
Latest posts by Nikunj Vasoya (see all)
- Poha Recipe In Hindi | How To Make Simple Poha | Bataka Poha - December 27, 2017
- Dahi Bhindi Dhabha Style Recipe | Dahi Bhindi Masala by All India Recipe - October 6, 2017
- Pav Bhaji Recipe | How to Make Pav bhaji By All India Recipe - September 26, 2017