Learn to make Easy method and khatta mitha test of Gujrati dal.
Khatta mitha test make at your home with easy method.
- Tur dal - 1/2 cup +
- Peanuts - fistful, raw
- Tomato - 1, medium, finely chopped
- Jaggery - 1 tbsp to 1 1/2 tbsps, grated
- Green chilis - 2, slit
- Ginger - 1", finely minced
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 to 1 1/2 tbsps
- Salt - to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves to garnish
- * For poppu/tempering/tadka:
- Oil - 1 tbsp OR ghee
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
- Dry red chilis - 2, tear, de-seed
- Cinnnamon stick - 1"
- Bay leaf - 1
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
1) First wash tur dal, then add one cup water to the dal and pressure cook upto 4 whistles. Noe once the pressure eases, transfer the dal to a deep vessel and mash it with a masher.
2) After to the mashed dal, then add 3 cups of water, raw peanuts, turmeric powder, red chili powder, minced ginger, green chilies, chopped tomatoes, jaggery and salt to taste and simmer for 12-15 minutes on low medium flame. Now keep stirring in between.
3) Then heat oil in a small pan. Now once the oil is hot, then add mustard seeds and allow to splutter. Then add cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, red chilis, bay leaf, cinnamon stick. Now asafoetida and curry leaves and saute for a few seconds till the fenugreek seeds turns red and the cumin turns brown. Then turn off flame.
4) now pour the tempering into the simmering dal and mix. Add lemon juice and mix. Then taste the dal. It has spicy tangy and sweet flavors. Then adjust red chili powder, lemon juice and jaggery accordingly. Then turn off flame. Then remove to a serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves.Now serve with roti or rice.
Latest posts by Nikunj Vasoya (see all)
- Poha Recipe In Hindi | How To Make Simple Poha | Bataka Poha - December 27, 2017
- Dahi Bhindi Dhabha Style Recipe | Dahi Bhindi Masala by All India Recipe - October 6, 2017
- Pav Bhaji Recipe | How to Make Pav bhaji By All India Recipe - September 26, 2017