Bread Upma Recipe - Indian Breakfast Recipe
Bread Upma Recipe is a popular Indian breakfast. Learn to make the bread Upma recipe at home by following this method.
- White bread slices preferably a day old - 6-8 slices
- Potato boiled and diced - 1 medium
- Onion chopped - 1 medium
- Oil - 4 tablespoons
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Lemon juice - 1 teaspoon
- Green chillies chopped - 2
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped - 2 tablespoons
Step1: First of all breaks the bread slices into smaller pieces with or without the crust. Now heat oil in a kadai. After this add a pinch of asafoetida. Now we have to add cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
Step2: Once the cumin seeds change colour and mustard seeds crackle, add onion & sauté. After this, when the onion turns translucent, add diced potatoes and sauté for 2 minutes.
Step3: Now add turmeric powder and bread pieces. It is time to mix and add red chilli powder and toss to mix well. Now sprinkle some water and cook for 2 minutes.
Step4: It is time to add lemon juice, green chillies and coriander leaves.
Step5: Finally, toss and serve hot.