Learn to make flavours of mango and assorted spices Bardoli khichdi.
Flavours of gujrat Bardoli khichdi.
- rice - 2 cups
- toor dal - 1 1/2 cups
- peas - 250 gms
- potatoes - 3-4 cubed
- green chilies - 2-3
- raw mango - 1
- Jeera - seeds
- Mustard - seeds
- cumin seeds - 1 Tbsp
- red chili powder - 1 tsp
- turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- onions - 2 chopped
- ginger - 1/2 chopped
- Fresh coriander for garnish
1) First heat 1 tsp of ghee in a large pot. Now into this add cumin seeds and fry for two minutes. Then add chopped onions and saute till brown. Now add chopped ginger, split green chillies and fry on a low flame for 5 minutes.
2) Now add turmeric powder and red chilli powder and let it cook till the oil ghee separates from the masala. Then add cubed potatoes, washed rice and washed dal and saute for 5 minutes.
3) Then add in a pinch of asafetida powder, green peas, a tsp of sugar and salt to taste. and also add raw mango, chopped into fine pieces.
4) Now mix together and add in 4 cups of water. Now bring to a simmer, and cover the pot and let it simmer for 20-25 minutes. Now garnish the khichdi with fresh coriander and 2 tbsps of ghee. Now serve hot.
Latest posts by Mukesh (see all)
- Dahi Bhindi Dhabha Style Recipe | Dahi Bhindi Masala by All India Recipe - October 6, 2017
- Pav Bhaji Recipe | How to Make Pav bhaji By All India Recipe - September 26, 2017
- Aloo Ki Sukhi Sabji Recipe | Dry Aloo Sabji by All India Recipe - September 13, 2017