Amritsari Dal or Langar Dal is main dish which cooked in Punjabi households. Dal amritsari is tasty and highly nourishing Punjabi dish. Amritstari dal is hig in protein so you can give it to children also.
Amritdari Dal is made in Punjab very often in winter. . In this dal, both Kali Urad Dal and Chana Dal are used. If you want, you can make this recipe on party or festival. This Dal recipe is very easy to make and very tasty in food.
Dal amritsari | Recipe of Langarwali Dal Or Amritsari Dal by All India Recipe
- Chana Dal - ½ cup
- Black urad dal split - 1 cup
- Onion - 1 medium
- Tomato - 2 medium
- Ginger - ½ teaspoon
- Garlic clove - 1 chopped
- Green chili - 1 (finely chopped)
- Fresh green coriander - 3 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds - ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - ¼ teaspoon
- Red chili powder - ¼ teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - ¼ teaspoon
- Water - 3 cups
- Oil - ½ teaspoon
- Ghee - 3 tablespoon
Step1: First of all mix and clean, wash dals and soak it for one to two hours.
Step2: After this now pressure-cook them with water, salt & turmeric & few drops of oil. Now cook for 25-30 minutes. Now take off heat.
Step3: It is time to heat ghee in a wok or pan and add cumin seeds, when they crackle, add green chili, onion, ginger, & garlic, fry until onions start to become brown, then add tomato puree, red chili powder and garam masala powder.
Step4: After this fry for five to seven minutes until oil starts to separate from masala.
Step5: Now we have to add the cooked dal to the pan and mix well. After this simmer on low heat for five to six minutes so that the tempering and the dal blend together well.
Step6: Now garnish with green coriander.
Step7: Finally, serve with roti, chapatti or rice. Enjoy!
Latest posts by Nikunj Vasoya (see all)
- Poha Recipe In Hindi | How To Make Simple Poha | Bataka Poha - December 27, 2017
- Dahi Bhindi Dhabha Style Recipe | Dahi Bhindi Masala by All India Recipe - October 6, 2017
- Pav Bhaji Recipe | How to Make Pav bhaji By All India Recipe - September 26, 2017